Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Jelicoe Road Post 4

I wanted to get to chapter 20 before I did this, but I'm going to settle for 18 right now, that means I have 9 chapters left so I should be done by the time I do my next post. I'm stopping here, becuase, wow, info-dump time!

What's new?
Turns out the kids from Hannah's story might-check that, porbably are real people who lived on Jelicoe road a long time ago. Webb apprently disappared and Hannah is definietly connected to him-she has the same last name after all. Hannah might be Tate. I wonder who Narnie, Fitz, and Jude are in the real world? Part of me thinks the Brigader was one of them. Maybe the Hermit too.

Jessa keeps bringing up the serial killer, I wonder if he has any significance. He didn't seem very important at all, but now I'm wondering if we'll ever find out who it is.

Griggs didn't go to the train station to run away like Taylor first thought, he went there to commit suicide.

Jonah, Chaz, "Raffy" (Raffaela), and Taylor all seem to be developing a friendship. Jonah and Taylor are on and off about romance right now. Too bad it seems that this will be spoiled once the holidays are over.

The territory wars started out as a friendly game between friends. It's horrible to think how violent and competivie and bitter the wars have gotten over the years!

What Taylor saw the Hermit do was blow his brains out and that's why it's truamatic.

So, yay for lots and lots of new info! Especially about the kids.
For some commentary I am loving this book more and more the farther I get into it! At the beginning it was kind of slow and confusing, but now I can't wait to go read some more. Again it's late like last time and I want to have enough time to get all this down before mom or dad kicks me off the computer. Predictions:

Hannah=Tate
Disapeared Kid=Webb
Brigader=Jude
?????=Narnie

The Hermit=Fitz

I pick the Hermit as Fitz because who else is left? I picked Jude as the brigader because he's always hanging around and is obviously a millitary dude. Maybe Hannah could be Narnie, since Narnie seemed to be the main character and Hannah wrote the story while changing the names of the people she knew? But I'm pretty sure Hannah is Tate because of the last names and Webb is her brother. All I need to figure out now is who Narnie is!  It's weird becuase I can't think of any other adults who might be Narnie. Maybe Narnie disappeared or died? After all the hermit is dead and so is Webb, I suppose it's possible.
Even if this story isn't in the mystery genre I can still try to figure this all out! Figuring out stories isn't that hard especially with a limited amount of characters to work with, now if they suddenly drop a bunch of characters on you at the last minute that just doesn't feel fair...but anyway I digress.

Anyway I'm totally loving Jellicoe Road!!! I can't wait to read some more!! Goodnight everyone! See you in class tomorrow!

1 comment: