Monday, February 27, 2012

The Dresden Files

I've started a new book, Storm Front, Book 1 of the Dresden Files.

So far it's about this wizard named Harry Dresden, "the only professional wizard in the Chicago phonebook." He hasn't had very many jobs, (understandably, most people think he's a fake) but suddenly he's got a missing persons case, and the police want his help on some "strange murders" when he goes to investigate, magic has obviously been involved but he doesn't know who could've had enough power to accomplish it. When he starts to poke around for clues a crime lord threatens him not to look into it and an agent of the White Council (the people who make the wizard laws and stuff) thinks that he was the one to commit the murders!

That's about the first eight chapters and I haven't gotten any farther yet. Honestly I have no idea what's going to happen next. Everything in this series is new and I don't know what to expect from this author so I'm going in blind. I expect that eventually we'll find the wizard/mage that killed those people, but that's a given. Maybe the missing person case and the murder are tied to each other. That seems likely. Otherwise I've got nothing, but so far I am enjoying this book immensly!

No comments:

Post a Comment