So regardless whether or not you will ever watch this anime and regardless if you watch ANY anime at all, I have to say something about this one for a moment. Still, on the off chance that you do watch anime, I'll avoid spoilers.
Oh my gosh...I have just finished the final episode, which I think might be the most emotionally draining episode of any anime ever! (Except maybe Clannad...maybe).
The first two episodes looked normal enough, I wasn't impressed. By episode three, this show made it clear they meant business. Episode six came with several new revelations, as did episode 8. By episode ten I was sure this anime was a masterpiece, but the two part final confirmed it. I don't care how short of a series it was, this was one of the best animes I have ever seen! I think I just stared at the screen for a few minutes afterward...I can't even say enough times how amazing this anime was!
Now, normally I don't really like Magical Girl shows at all, often I find them a bit boring and clichéd, but this was no ordinary magical girl show, that was obvious by episode three. So even though by the title and opening credits, I wouldn't be caught dead watching it, I was intrigued enough to watch the whole thing. I mean, it's only twelve little episodes long, it won't even take that long. That was probably the real reason I watched it, most magical girl animes have seventy episodes a season, five seasons out already, four movies, and three OVAs (original video animation, usually short stories about the characters) so I find them a bit annoying because they take ten episodes to say what could have been said in one! However, in this show, each and every episode from start to finish was stuffed and overflowing with so much going on I actually had to watch one of the episodes twice!
| These girls mean business! |
NEVER EVER EVER judge and anime by it's cover! That's what Madoka taught me! What I assumed would be another happy little girl's show turned out to be one of the most intense, heartbreaking, and beautiful stories ever woven with adorable Japanese animation.
As a side note if you do watch it, this show is not for the faint of heart. Watch it at your own discretion.
No comments:
Post a Comment